Wednesday 20 December 2017

A Christmas Prayer

A lavishly decorated Christmas tree, in full colour in the top left fading to black and white in the bottom right.
My mind is drawn, today, to those who face particular difficulties at this time of year.
I think of those who are impoverished, struggling to meet the cultural expectations of how one is supposed to “do Christmas”.
I think of those who are bereaved, and going through Christmas without a loved one.
I think of those of fragile mental health, or who are physically limited, coping with the social expectations that go with this season.
I hold all these people in the Light, and hope that they may know comfort from the Spirit, however they understand it.
Written December 2017
If you enjoy this blog, or otherwise find it worthwhile, please consider contributing to my Patreon. More information about this, and the chance to comment, can be found in the post announcing the launch of my Patreon.