Monday 19 February 2018

Adversity and Simple Joys

A view along a path in woods, trees lining the path thickly, and the area in shadow, but light visible in an opening at the end of the path.
As I write, I look forward to a time of great joy – my upcoming marriage. It's not without stress, true, what with the planning and organising, and wringing RSVPs (or even acknowledgements) out of people, but it's a good kind of stress.
But I also look to a time of great difficulty, for reasons I won't go into here. I don't know what the outcome will be, but things are going to get very, very difficult before we reach there.
It's times like this that I am reminded of the need to take advantage of the simple joys. Of fellowship, of companionship, of conversation, of love. Of the satisfaction of a task done well, however insignificant it might seem. Perhaps, holding on to these things, I will get through it. I don't know how else I might.
Written February 2018
If you enjoy this blog, or otherwise find it worthwhile, please consider contributing to my Patreon. More information about this, and the chance to comment, can be found in the post announcing the launch of my Patreon.